Research and experience show that Community Health Workers (CHWs) can make a healthy difference in the lives of the people they serve. The keys to optimizing CHWs include local design, close collaboration with primary care providers, a neighborhood-based workforce, effective training and support, and a focus on achieving specific outcomes for defined populations. City Health Works has assembled these keys into a coaching and care coordination program that is helping patients with chronic conditions chieve healthier outcomes.
- Five Strategic Keys to Effective Community Collaboration
- Infographic – Five Questions to Ask Community Members about Community Health Improvement
- Infographic – The Five Most Important Questions You Can Ask About Your Organization
- For All of Our Friends Who Love EHRs
- The Ottawa Hospital and Ottawa Inner City Health: The Population Health Approach in Action
Explore by Topic
3-4-50 Asthma Behavioral Health Book Review Cancer Child Health CHNA Chronic Care Collective Impact Community Centered Health Home Community Development Community Health Workers Community Paramedicine Demonstrating Value Diabetes Health Assets/Social Factors Health Coaching Health in All Policies Health Information Exchange Healthy Food Hypertension Integrated Care Mental Health Oral Health PCMH People with Disability Physical Activity Population Health Management Primary Care Schools Smoking Social Determinants Substance Use Trauma Informed Care Video Workplace Health