A new website provides curated resources about promising approaches to improving care for people with complex needs. The content can be used to inform the design of local projects for vulnerable populations. The Playbook is a collaborative project of The Commonwealth Fund, The John A. Hartford Foundation, Peterson Center on Healthcare, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, The SCAN Foundation, and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
The Playbook’s guiding questions include:
- Why invest in redesigning care for people with complex needs?
- Who are people with complex needs?
- What care models are promising?
- What are key elements to redesigning care?
The Playbook’s population focus includes:
- People under 65 with disabilities
- Frail Older Adults
- People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
- People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
- People with Advanced Illness